The GIGAmacro Magnify2 system is specifically designed for creating gigapixel resolution imagery of macroscopic and microscopic subjects. The complete turn-key system provides the robotics, optics, camera, software, and computing power to create gigapixel macro images with ease. It combines the latest imaging advancements, software, hardware, and online gigapixel viewing into one system at an affordable price.
See normally invisible details: unprecedented image quality and resolution, to micron scale.
Gather input with powerful annotation, comparison and analysis tools. View and share your specimens and collections online with colleagues, teams & clients world-wide.
Complete solution including robotic automation, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing, sharing, and annotation.
After subject setup, Magnify2 runs unattended, freeing you for other tasks.
Saves money and reduces operational costs by automation and use of off-the-shelf cameras and lenses.
Our emphasis on build quality, training and support ensure high throughput and continuous operation for scanning large collections.
Templates available (custom ones too!) for drawer scanning – large collections can be scanned without disturbing specimens.
Turn-key solution, complete and ready to go – with training and support to match your needs.
Specimens are not affected in any way by being imaged, preserving the integrity of the original item.
Designed to fit on a standard trolley and will roll through a standard sized door.
Compact – folds flat for transport and shipping, improving portability and reducing shipping costs.
6 months parts and labor warranty and 1 year technical support give peace of mind (Third party items included in system carry their standard vendor warranty).
Magnify2 System is a complete, high performance, precision robotic 3-axis linear motion control, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing & annotation system. Lightweight anodized aluminum construction throughout. Self-contained control panel and enclosure with integrated camera power, and control systems. A turn-key solution ready to go, out of the box!
All software configured and installed for ready to run operation. GIGAmacro Magnify2 Motion Control System & Capture Software. Zerene Stacker, and Autopano Giga software included. The GIGAmacro Viewer is available for mobile / desktop devices (with annotation, comparison, sharing and measurement tools).
Configured with Windows 7/8 Professional, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB System Drive, with 22” Monitor. Storage, 3TB Drive.
- Imaging Area: 635mm (X) x 534mm (Y) x 254mm (Z).
- Imaging Resolution: Resolvable detail as high as 1 micron.
- Imaging Stage Dimensions: 825mm x 750mm (6.5mm Safety Glass).
- Positioning Accuracy: 16 micron (X, Y); 3 micron Z.
- Positioning Speed: 76 mm/sec (X, Y); 12 mm/sec (Z) axis.
- Bearings, Rails, Lead System: High performance precision IGUS Drylin anodized aluminum rails, bearings, lead screws and nuts (no lubrication needed).
- Dimensions: 97cm width x 83cm length x 91.5cm high. (Folds to 23cm high for shipping)
- Weight of System: 27.5Kg
- Shipping Dimensions (crated): Inside: 107cm W x 94cm L x 36cm H. Outside: 110cm W x 97 cm L x 39cm H. (2.46m LWH).
- Shipping Weight: 46Kg.
- Control Enclosure Dimensions: 25cm W x 22cm H x 42cm L. 5.5Kg.
- Power requirements: 650 W; 110V or 220V compatible. Additional power needed for imaging computer.
- Canon 5D MarkIII, 24MP (Add $2600).
Choice of one of the following: (For both, add $1250).
- Canon MPE-65mm Macro lens with GIGAmacro telecentric lens adapter.
- Sigma 105 Macro with GIGAmacro telecentric lens adapter.
- Backlighting Feature (Add $3200).
- Polarization Filter Set (Add $945).
Camera (& related software) Upgrades for Multi-Spectral Imaging Options:
- Infrared Camera and Lighting (modified camera for IR and flash filter). (Add $4850).
- Ultraviolet Camera and Lighting (modified camera for UV and flash filter). (Add $4850).
- Surface etched, and anodized table. Key inserts: 18-8SS Key-Locking thick wall inserts, 8-32 interior thread, 5/16″- 18 exterior thread, 5/16″ length. (Add $3325).
- Upgrade to Magnify2 processing computer. MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Add $1900).
- Additional Post-Processing Computer (Add $2800 for Windows, $3000 for Mac).
- 3TB Backup Drive (Add $250).
- Additional 3TB Storage Drive (Add $250);
- 6TB Storage RAID5 System for Increased Performance, Storage, and Redundancy (Add $2000).
Custom Imaging Templates
Software and physical templates for museum drawer imaging. Please contact us for quote.